You need a copyright template and I have one. See? We’re good for each other, you should stop playing hard to get and just follow me already.
Let’s at least try to wrap our minds around it before we copy and paste. If you’ve paged through books for reference, you would have noticed, that some copyright notices are long and others are as short as 2 lines.
The must-have elements of a copyright page:
- The copyright notice which includes: the symbol ©/ word Copyright, the year of first publication, and the name or abbreviation of the owner of copyright e.g.: © 2015 Oliver Klozoff
- A statement giving notice that the rights to reproduce the work are reserved to the copyright holder: All Rights Reserved
- ISBN number
Extra bits but not necessary:
- Edition information: Second Edition
- Publication information: publishers name and address
- Printing history: printers key which is a string of numbers that indicate year printed and number of printings the book has gone through
- Legal notices/ disclaimers
- Credits for design, production, editing and illustration
- Promotional information: website, email address
Best Book Ever
Copyright © 2015 Oliver Klozoff
All rights reserved. Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the copyright owner of this book.
ISBN: (put the isbn number here)
Template 2 with disclaimer:
Copyright © [year of publication} by [insert author’s name]
All rights reserved.
Cover design by [insert illustrator’s name]/ [insert website]
No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the author. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a review.
This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.
Visit my website at [insert website]
Printed in the [country]
First Printing: [date]
Template 3 (From Lulu website):
Copyright © <Year of Publication> by <Your Name>All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or scholarly journal.
First Printing: <Year of first printing>
ISBN <Enter your ISBN>
<Your Publishing Company Name>
<Your Street Address or Post Office Box>
<Your City>, <Your State> <Your Zip Code>
<Your Internet Address>